NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN A PRIZE.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED HEREIN.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, ELSEWHERE, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Taco Bell® NBA Finals Tweetstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by ESPN Internet Ventures, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158 ("Sponsor"), and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Rd., Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033 ("Administrator").
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on April 3, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM (noon) Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on April 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official Sweepstakes clock.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, NBA Properties Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, (collectively defined as the "NBA Entities"), Taco Bell Corp., Digitas, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively "Sponsor, Administrator, & Others") and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the "steps" of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and/or regulations and every action taken by an entrant in the Sweepstakes must comply with these laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and military/diplomatic installations outside the U.S., and where otherwise void, prohibited, or restricted by law. All participants may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules as requested by Sponsor or Administrator.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between the entrant and the Sponsor with respect to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant must log on to his/her Twitter account, become a follower of
@ESPN, @ESPNNBA and/or @ESPNpromotions, and compose a new tweet describing a winning combination ("winning combination" means a combination of players and/or
plays that impact an NBA team's chances to win, e.g. "Smith to Jones for a dunk."), including the hashtag "#winningcombination" (an "Entry") to receive one
(1) entry into the Sweepstakes. An entrant must have a non-private Twitter account to enter the Sweepstakes and must be a follower of at least one (1) of the
following handles: @ESPN, @ESPNNBA or @ESPNpromotions for at least thirty (30) days after May 3, 2013, for winner notification purposes to be eligible to
win/claim the prize as set forth in Section 7. If an entrant does not have a non-private Twitter account, he or she can create one at no cost at
and participate in the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
Limit of up to three (3) Entries per entrant per day. A "day" is defined as starting at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET of a calendar day, except for April 3, 2013 when a day starts at 12:00:00 PM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET. Entries may not contain any offensive or vulgar language nor depict any pornographic or illegal act. Any Entries containing such language or any other inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, will be considered ineligible and will not be part of the Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees that his or her Entry complies with these Official Rules. Each entrant also agrees that Sponsor or Administrator may disqualify the entrant from the Sweepstakes if Sponsor or Administrator believes, in their sole and absolute discretion, that an Entry fails to comply with these Official Rules. If Sponsor or Administrator rejects any Entry, such Entry will be disqualified and will not be considered a valid Entry.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry, including the entrant's Twitter handle, to be posted on the Sponsor's website or other website for public view. The Sponsor, Administrator, & Others are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries - all of which will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry or as to the identity of an entrant based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder (determined at the time the Entry is submitted) of the email address associated with the Twitter account used to make the Entry. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or Entry in its sole and absolute discretion.
NOTE: Due to the way Twitter operates its service, Sponsor may not receive Entries from Twitter users with "protected" updates (i.e., entrant has set his or her account so that only people the entrant has approved can view his or her updates). If an entrant tweets via SMS from his or her wireless phone, the entrantís wireless-service provider may charge the entrant for each text message sent and received. Entrants should consult their wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply.
- RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: On or about May 2, 2013 Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner ("Winner") from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Winner will be deemed to be a potential winner pending verification of the Winner's eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") AND ODDS OF WINNING:
Prize (1): The Winner will receive a three (3) day/two (2) night trip for two (2) people - the Winner and his or her guest - to a location
to be determined to attend a 2013 NBA Finals game (selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) in June 2013 ("Prize"). The Prize includes two
(2) tickets to a 2013 NBA Finals game (the game will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); round-trip coach class air transportation for the Winner
and guest from a gateway airport near the Winner's residence (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to and from a gateway airport close to the Prize
destination (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy) at a hotel selected by
Sponsor in its sole discretion; roundtrip ground transfers between the destination airport and hotel; and $500 awarded in the form of a check made payable to
The Prize must be taken on dates specified by the Sponsor, selected by Sponsor or its authorized designee in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card provided. Furthermore, Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all expenses not expressly set forth herein, including but not limited to, roundtrip transportation between the Winner's residence and the airport of origin, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, all food and meals, gratuities and tips, incidental and personal expenses, insurance, laundry service, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet services, merchandise, mini-bar, parking, room service, service charges and souvenirs. Furthermore, Winner will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes imposed on acceptance of the Prize.
All Prize-related travel arrangements will be administered by Sponsorís authorized designee. Winner and his or her guest are each solely responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents, including any government-issued photo identification. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not pay for or obtain any travel insurance. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once such items are in the Winnerís possession. Travel must be roundtrip. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor's air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. It is the responsibility of the Winner and his or her guest to arrive at the designated airport in time for each flight that is part of the Prize. If the Winnerís residence is within one hundred fifty (150) miles of the Prize destination, Sponsor will provide ground transportation in lieu of roundtrip coach class airfare.
The guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old or the minor child or legal ward of the Winner. The guest, or his or her parent or legal guardian, must also sign a Liability & Publicity Release as described in Section 7 within the time period stated in the winner documents sent to the potential Winner. If the Winner elects to travel or partake in the Prize with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Winner.
Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of the Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Prize trip become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the Winner aside from providing the travel portion of the Prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. Winner and his or her guest shall be subject to all terms and conditions printed on any event ticket issued in conjunction with the Prize. In the event a Winner and/or guest is denied entry into any ticketed event or is removed or barred from any ticketed event location for any other reason, the Sponsor is not responsible and no further compensation or award will be provided.
The right to receive the Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure. All Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize will only be awarded to a verified Winner.
- ARV: The ARV of the Prize is $4,400. The actual retail value of the Prize depends on the city of departure, destination and fluctuations in airfare charges and hotel room rates. Any difference between the actual value of the Prize and the stated ARV (if less than the actual value) will not be awarded.
- Odds of winning: Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prize (1): The Winner will receive a three (3) day/two (2) night trip for two (2) people - the Winner and his or her guest - to a location to be determined to attend a 2013 NBA Finals game (selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) in June 2013 ("Prize"). The Prize includes two (2) tickets to a 2013 NBA Finals game (the game will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); round-trip coach class air transportation for the Winner and guest from a gateway airport near the Winner's residence (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to and from a gateway airport close to the Prize destination (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy) at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; roundtrip ground transfers between the destination airport and hotel; and $500 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the Winner.
HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES: On or about May 3, 2013, the potential Winner will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter. The
notification will include instructions on how to claim the Prize, including how to provide the Administrator with an e-mail address. The potential Winner must respond to
the Direct Message on Twitter within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the notification is sent.
Before being declared a confirmed Winner, the potential Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release & Publicity Release (the "Affidavit"), except where prohibited by law, within five (5) calendar days from the date such documents are sent by the Sponsor or its representative to the potential Winnerís e-mail address provided in response to the direct message notification on Twitter. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines the Prize or Sponsor is unable to contact the potential Winner within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the direct message notification is sent to the potential Winner, the Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, an alternative potential Winner will be selected. The potential Winner will also be required to sign any other document requested by Sponsor. Sponsor, Administrator, & Others (defined below) shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason.
- RELEASE: Sponsor, Administrator, & Others (the term "Others" includes Sponsor's advertising agencies, the prize providers, Taco Bell Corp., Twitter and all other companies associated with this Sweepstakes) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected postage due, or undeliverable e-mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor, Administrator, & Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor, Administrator, & Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. ENTRANTS MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Further, Sponsor, Administrator, & Others and their respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by the Winner, against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of a prize. In addition, the Releasees are not responsible for and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by the Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of a prize. The Releasees shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsorís sole control. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
- DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING, BUT IN NO EVENT ENTRANTíS ATTORNEYSí FEES, OR ANY PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, NOR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, entrants agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use, edit, or alter, publish or republish, their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, and including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPACT AN ENTRANT'S OPPORTUNITY TO WIN. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered that an entrant has registered or attempted to register using multiple e-mail addresses, Twitter handles/accounts, multiple identities, or use of proxy servers or similar methods, all of the entrantís Entries will be declared null and void and any Prize an entrant might have been entitled to receive will not be awarded to him/her. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout the Sweepstakes Period and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a Winner, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the Winner from among eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All Entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any provision or provisions of these Official Rules shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the Winner, please send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: The Taco Bell NBA Finals Tweetstakes Winners List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. To request a copy of these Official Rules, please mail a self-addressed stamped business-sized envelope to: The Taco Bell NBA Finals Tweetstakes Rules Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 Attention: Rules Request. Residents of VT and WA may omit return postage for their request. All requests must be received no later than June 15, 2013.
SPONSOR: ESPN Internet Ventures, Inc., 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158.
ESPN and its logos are registered trademarks of ESPN, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2013 ESPN Internet Ventures, Inc.
Taco Bell® is a registered trademark of Taco Bell Corp. © 2013 Taco Bell Corp.
NBA trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of NBA Properties Inc. All rights reserved.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with NBA Properties Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, or Twitter, Inc.